Rupy 2013 Python Sprint
Recently we held a 3-day-long Python sprint in Budapest before the RuPy conference. Here's what got done.
Substance D (web application server)
Participating: Chris McDonough, Balázs Reé, Godefroid Chapelle
- Allow management views to be categorized.
- Allow deletion of objects that cannot successfully be unpickled.
- Add an API for get_editable_adapter.
- Allow schemas that inherit from substanced.schema.Schema to be used successfully in non-FormView code (no longer necessary to call .bind() on these to run things through deserialization).
- Grid error messages caused by connectivity problems now disappear if the client notices that the server is back up via SSE.
- Attempted to figure out how to more better show "global" views (like the auditing tab, the database tab, and the undo tab).
- Various small UI improvements.
Deform (form library)
Participating: Domen Kožar, Balázs Reé, Chris McDonough
- Experimented with using angular.js for client-side validation (fairly successfully).
- Refactored and improved resource registry.
Pyramid (web framework)
Participating: Fabian Neumann
- Audit docs for places we could better use .. deprecated:: and other Sphinx/RST directives.